Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Live to discover, work to inspire.
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts. At Renaissance Hotels, we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career. The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel is a chic hotel in the heart of downtown Toledo with sweeping views of the Maumee River from the rooftop bar on the 12th floor. The interior design of the hotel is inspired from the local glass culture and features a trendy three-meal restaurant and the Renaissance signature “R” Lounge on the main floor.
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel is looking for hosts for our two restaurants: The Brim House and The Heights. Experience working as a host is preferred, but more importantly we are looking for a passion to create unique experiences for our guests and help them discover all the best in Toledo.
What your job entails:
* Set up the restaurant area for service
* Stock all areas with necessary items, equipment, tools
* Proactively obtain necessary supplies from storage areas and prep for use
* Provide each guest an individualized greeting using charisma and stylized communication
* Purposefully navigate and seat each guest with respect to individual requests
* Warmly accept telephone calls consistent with brand standards, thoughtfully listen to each guest inquiry, and provide accurate information or assistance
* Assist restaurant staff to restock items when necessary
* Maintain cleanliness of restaurant spaces to be inviting and accommodating
* Effectively communicate with restaurant staff and management to ensure quality guest experiences and smooth restaurant operation
* Complete restaurant closing duties as assigned and stock areas for next day
* Experience as a host preferred
* Provide examples of times you created exceptional guest experiences and creatively resolved guest issues
* Repeatedly demonstrate outstanding charisma and guest interaction
* Maintain sophistication and pleasant demeanor when confronted with stressful situations
* Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
* You must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Able to stand for hours at a time.
* You understand this job requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.