Holiday Inn Plano - The Colony - Cook
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The cook prepares food as instructed by managers, ensuring all food exhibits a high quality of taste and appearance to satisfy guests and maximize food revenues.
* Assures front line is completely broken down at the end of the shift, ensuring all food is stored properly and that all equipment is cleaned and maintained up to all health standards and established hotel policies regarding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
* Assures front line is set up effectively, ensuring all menu products are adequately stocked.
* Rotates food products to preserve quality and control waste following the first in and first out.
* Maintains an orderly, clean, safe and sanitary work station which meets health standards and established hotel policies regarding kitchen cleanliness and sanitation.
* Checks AM and PM checklists to determine what kind and how much food to prepare.
* Assures all food products are properly labeled and dated.
* Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
* Cooks foods in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served.
* Inventories food, supplies and equipment weekly.
* Orders kitchen supplies as needed.
* Ensures all temp logs and waste logs are maintained daily.
* Receives, dates, and examines foodstuffs and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
* Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator.
* Properly stores foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating, and rotation procedures.
* Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
* Basic reading, writing and math and one year of food preparation experience preferred and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* High School or better
* FAST PACED
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
See job description