HGI Grapevine - Catering/Sales Manager
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Catering Sales Manager aggressively pursue new catering business. Markets and supervises food, beverage, meeting room rental and other banquet services through direct client and contact employee management to maximize revenues and profitability in catering and banquet sales.
* Establishes client base of organizations, associations, social and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales effort for the purpose of securing business for the hotel to ensure that predetermined revenue expectations are met or exceeded.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce additional business.
* Actively solicits new business through telemarketing, cold calling, referrals, and market blitzes.
* Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities and exposes clients to facilities and services; entertains qualified potential clients.
* Provides leads to the sales department and other properties within the portfolio.
* Negotiates food and beverage prices, meeting room rental, room rates, and other hotel services.
* Perform research and development of potential catering markets. Attends weekly Sales & Marketing Meetings.
* Meets with prospective meeting planners for site inspections, to discuss various set-up arrangements, menus and any last minute changes; and to up-sell customers on menu selections, break times, etc.
* Calls on tentative bookings one month in advance, with emphasis on confirming and finalizing bookings.
* Attends functions in the hotel, greeting clients at the beginning of events and assuring set-up is correct. Introduces clients to the Banquet Manager at the beginning of functions.
* Meets with planners after their event to discuss success of event, deficiencies, etc., and to re-book.
* Attends various civic organization functions as a representative of the hotel.
* Attends weekly sales meetings.
* Makes 15 or more sales calls per week to solicit business.
* Advises hotel management of booked events and negotiates contracts and agreements with clients and vendors.
* Confirms agreement with client and all affected departments in writing via Catering Sales contract or Event Order.
* Supervises hotel banquet staff and other vendors to ensure proper delivery of product and services.
* Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with hotel clients.
* Accurately forecasts individual booking revenues and cancellations; accurately tracks consumption on all bookings.
* Assists the client in menu planning; coordinates food, beverage, meeting room set-up, decorations and other services as requested by the client; assures that all requirements are communicated and completed to the clients specifications.
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
* Follow company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to subordinates.
* Fulfills Manager on Duty shifts.
* 2 year(s): Extensive work experience or equivalent
* 2 year(s): Sales Experience
* Bachelors or better
* HOTEL EXPERIENCE
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
See job description