SUMMARY: The Health Club Attendant works closely with the Director of Club Operations to ensure the efficient operation of the property health club. S/he is responsible for ensure the cleanliness, supplies, amenities and comfort of the health club participants.
The Health Club Attendant shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort culture and Portfolio Hotels and Resorts' Core Values:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide a welcoming presence to guest of the health club.
- Provide guidance and assistance for new members.
- Provide instructions on the use of equipment of choice.
- Report faulty or damaged equipment to appropriate parties to ensure safety.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, stocked, cleaned and secured.
- Ensure that health club rules and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure that health club and locker rooms are maintained to cleanliness standards.
Team member is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities;
- Strong customer orientation;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Strong team player; and
- Commitment to company values.
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to perform a wide variety of tasks during busy times working flexible hours with a positive, enthusiastic outlook.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized, able to work in a busy environment where the priorities are changing
- Dedicated to improving their own skills and knowledge as well as those of the other team members
- Team player
- Energetic and professional
- Standing or walking for long periods may be required.
- Full attendance of scheduled hours is required for this position.
- Must be able to stand & walk throughout the day, including on uneven surfaces;
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, pull & carry up to 20 lbs. and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, squat, & twist on an occasional basis
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, squeezing, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently, and fine manipulation occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Benefits : Gratiuties, Hotel Discounts, Medical, Dental, Vision (for fu