Health Club Attendant
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their visit to the Health Club with personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality.
- With high integrity and creativity, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality, deliver Shangri-La hospitality from caring people, according to luxury health club standards.
- As a true service Ambassador, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail, while projecting truly nurturing and warm hospitality, respecting privacy and emotional well-being.
- As a Health Club Attendant specialist, the consultant provides hands-on guidance and expertise of all fitness equipment and facilities in accordance with the needs and demands of guests.
- Advise and assist guests regarding fitness classes, personal training sessions and other specialized fitness requests.
- Open and/or close the Health Club on a daily basis.
- Greet guests respectfully and courteously – by name where possible and provide information about the facilities, services and offer orientation tours.
- Monitor all exercise equipment and report any defaults or errors immediately, control all stock related supplies and maintain impeccable standards of cleanliness, safety and hygiene.
- Circulate, observe and interact with guests to maintain close contact, actively seeking feedback regarding the guest experience.
- Pay close attention to the pool and participate in taking food and beverage orders from guests / residents including keeping the pool deck clean at all times.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of all cardiovascular and resistance exercise equipment including fitness programs, fitness accessories and keep up to date on industry trends luxury Health Club standards.
- Inform the security department of any matter or incident which may be detrimental to guests, Associates and/or their well-being.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, programs and core practices.
- Participate in ongoing training and undertake other related responsibilities, as required.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
Minimum 2 years previous work experience in a similar capacity with an international world-class luxury Health Club mandatory.
Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience highly preferred or comparable experience with key competitor.
Fitness related courses in a Fitness organization an asset.
Required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.
Possession of CPR, First Aid or relevant certificates considered an asset.
Possession of Personal Trainer of Fitness Instructor certificates considered an asset.