Best Western University Inn
Location: US - FL - Boca Raton
Job Summary: Manages and Participates in the operation of the housekeeping and laundry departments to ensure orderly and attractive conditions in the hotel.
Promotes an atmosphere of cleanliness and superior customer care for hotel guests.
Will be Hands On in the actual cleaning of the property/rooms.
* Hires, trains and evaluates department personnel.
* Directs all activities of the housekeeping and laundry departments in furnishing daily service to guest rooms and public areas. Schedules duties, such as heavy cleaning, mattress rotations, etc.
* Prepares work schedules and assigns room cleanings based on occupancy.
* Inspects premises, guest rooms, linen rooms, and public areas to assure housekeeping staff maintain the property's superior standards of cleanliness.
* Maintains an inventory of guest and housekeeping supplies and linen, ordering replacement of supplies and equipment as needed.
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and develops alternative solutions.
* Coordinates staff training, including MSDS, OSHA, and safety policies.
* Performs room attendant duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Three years prior hotel housekeeping experience. Supervisory experience desired.
* Basic accounting, purchasing and inventory skills.
* Basic computer skills (Visual Matrix a plus)
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.