The Detroit Metro Airport Marriott strives to obtain amazing associates to join our fun, professional and team-based atmosphere. At our 249 room airport property, associates are constantly on the move assisting guest and fellow co-workers. If a fast-paced, high energy environment with opportunity for development and advancement is something you desire, we encourage you to apply!
Guest Service Supervisors are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, hotel operator, and concierge duties. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Chesapeake Hospitality standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Chesapeake Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Chesapeake Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Chesapeake Hospitality performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.