Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Supervises, trains, schedules and evaluates Bell Persons, Door Persons and Drivers ensuring that all procedures are performed to the hotel's standards. Performs the daily responsibilities of these positions and assists where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests/visitors.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals.
- Ensure that the Bell Desk is attended at all times; that all posting positions are maintained.
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands.
- Document any late or absent employees.
- Schedule and assign staff breaks.
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee (arrivals/departures, group functions, etc).
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities.
- Assign specific tasks as they arise to the staff according to the rotation sequence.
- Answer Bell Desk telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document guest calls/requests for Bell Person assistance.
- Maintain security and accurate record of all guest room keys issued to Bell/Door Staff.
- Monitor and ensure that Bell/Door Staff perform their job functions to the hotel's expected level of service.
- Assist Bell/Door Staff whenever necessary in performing all job functions.
- Conduct a number of week formal training program on the required job functions with criterion expected and department orientation with new hires. Conduct ongoing training with existing staff.
- Accommodate all guest requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Coordinate group luggage requirements.
- Prepare work orders for equipment repairs and distribute to Engineering.
- Monitor and maintain the condition of lobby, hotel entrance, Bell Desk and luggage storage areas.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll records and tip distributions.
- Ensure that all pertinent information is documented in the log book daily.
- Conduct performance appraisals of designated staff annually.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Understand guest’s service needs.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- Direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
- Valid (state) drivers license.
- Good driving record.
- Has prior experience as Bell Person.
- Thorough knowledge of hotel services and amenities.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Ability to compute basic arithmetic.
- Provide legible communication and directions.