Here at the Showboat Hotel, we believe that employees are the heart and soul of the hotel and the key to our success. As an employee, you will be part of a winning team focused on making the hotel the destination of choice while receiving support to grow your skills and career.
The Showboat Hotel, the jewel of Atlantic City, is conveniently located on the Atlantic City boardwalk just feet away from the Atlantic Ocean. The beautifully renovated hotel features 852 rooms, 25,000 sq. feet of flexible meeting space, a full service bar named Worship Surf Bar on States Ave., the Canal Street coffeehouse featuring quality, fresh brewed coffee and fine pastries and the Atlantic City Eatery (ACE) that will serve all-American food and drink for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, the heart and soul of Showboat Hotel is its employees. They are our product and greatest resource. As an employee, you will be part of a winning team focused on making Showboat Hotel Atlantic City's destination of choice. You will have the opportunity and support to use your talents and abilities to make every guest's experience an extraordinary one every visit.
We are currently looking for a Guest Services Agent to join our team.
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and escort instructions to Bell person or directly to guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
- Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
- Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
- Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor, (b) assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
- May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience.
Benefits : Competitive pay, paid vacation and personal time, health ben
ACSB Hospitality is an equal employment opportunity employer. ACSB Hospitality's employment decisions are based on merit and the business needs of the company, and not race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.