Holiday Inn Express/Suites
Guest Services Representative
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
Welcome and acknowledge all guests in a professional manner in accordance with Company and Brand standards. Responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met via guest check in, check out, room reservations, changes and cancellations, guest requests, etc. Must be able to multi-task professionally in a fast paced environment. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific standards.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances as they apply to the property, guests and associates.
- Adhere to safety and emergency procedures and policies (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards.
- Promote the property through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of hotel information including but not limited to room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, local area, attractions and events.
- Be proficient in all front desk and guest service operations.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities.
- Handle guest complaints and comments efficiently and courteously.
- Count cash drawer at beginning and end of each shift. Prepare shift deposit accurately, following standard procedures.
- Send and receive faxes as needed.
- Answer the telephone efficiently and pleasantly within three rings and with correct greeting per Company standards.
- Take each available opportunity to upsell hotel services, facilities and outlets.
- Enter wakeup calls accurately and immediately.
- Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Report loss prevention/security of any guest reports or theft to management.
- Report and record accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to management.
- Coordinate with housekeeping department on room statuses frequently during the day.
- Coordinate with maintenance department on any guest reported or observed problems.
- Stock, the pantry/suite/gift shop.
- Professional appearance and grooming must be adhered to at all times. Uniforms must be worn according to Company and Brand standards.
- Keep company business including but not limited to, financials, personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Ability to attend and complete job and Brand training.
- Self-starter with effective leadership skills.
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of business applications.
- Work a flexible schedule.
- Be organized and work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Stand for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Previous hospitality experience preferred.
- High School Diploma required; College Degree is preferred.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience.