Fairfield Inn & Suites
Guest Services Representative
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and escort instructions to Bell person or directly to guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
- Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
- Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
- Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor, (b) assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned employees.
- May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience.