Guest Services Representative
Embassy Suites Hotel Niagara Falls, Fallsview
Location: CA - ON - Niagara Falls
The Embassy Suites Hotel - Fallsview is currently looking to hire Front Desk Agents! If you have a passion for tourism and the city of Niagara Falls this might be what you're looking for! We are offering part time and full time hours, the starting wage is $12.00/hour with possible benefit eligibility after your probation period.
Embassy Suites Vision: To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality.
Embassy Suites Mission Statement: To be the preeminent global hospitality company - the first choice of guests, team members, and owners alike.
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall positive experience.
- Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and escort instructions to Bell person or directly to guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
- Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or machine.
- Transmit and receive messages using equipment such as telephone, fax and switchboard.
- Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
- Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and listen carefully.
- Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
- Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a switchboard or computer keyboard.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts receivable or customer service experience.
*Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays*
Please Note: This job posting is not an exclusive list of all job functions that will be asked to be performed from time to time. This is only a sample; you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by management.
"Should you require any assistance, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact via phone the Human Resources Department"