Tucked away on Mission Bay you will find Paradise Point Resort & Spa, a 44-acre island resort conveniently located next door to SeaWorld and just minutes from the airport, downtown San Diego, and top attractions like the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
Featuring over 462 bungalow-style rooms nestled amongst tropical gardens, lagoons, and beaches, Paradise Point has served as a top destination for Southern California vacations, weddings, and meetings for over 50 years.
You will join a team of incredibly friendly and positive people that are all committed to providing exceptional service to all of our guests. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewYou will warmly and enthusiastically greet all incoming calls and assists callers with answers to their questions and ensures theirs calls are forwarded to their desired location. You are also an integral member of the team that handles emergency situations by acting as the communication center and dispatcher for the emergency response team.Essential Functions
- Enthusiastically greet all incoming calls, knowledgeably answer questions, anticipate the callers needs, and respond promptly with your personal spirit, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Create memorable experiences with a fantastic, welcoming personality that can relate to guests & team members.
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty.
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detai l to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Calmly and confidently communicate with and dispatch appropriate emergency personnel
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others and assisting with emergency situations.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, knows how to multi-task and isn’t easily flustered.