Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Airport
Guest Services Operations Manager
Platinum Hospitality Management
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
PERFORMANCE WITH A CONSCIENCE
At Platinum Management Services, we continually strive to achieve superior guest relations, value a well-maintained, safe, and environmentally-conscious hotel surrounding, animated employees with passionate service ethics, leading technology, consistent capital reinvestment into our properties, conservative growth with major brand partners, and above all, strong moral principles in all of our professional exchanges.
We demonstrate our beliefs most meaningfully in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our interactions with our guests, customers, business associates and colleagues, we seek to deal with others as we would have them deal with us.
Times change, but our dedication to perfecting the travel experience never will.
Job Purpose: To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
- Supervise Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Maintain standards of guest service quality. Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments. Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering and quality image.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
- Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel. Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Manage the reservation function to maintain highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- Ensure staff uses guest interaction skills. Reward employees who meet/exceed guest expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analyze and interpret business records and statistical reports; interpret policies established by administrators.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, experience, and opinion.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
Bachelor's Degree in Management, Hotel Administration, Business or related field.
Minimum 1 year experience on night audit, 2 years experience in front desk operations, and 1 year experience in either direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.