Guest Services Manager
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Rooms - Front Office/Guest Services
Motif SeattleMotif Seattle is located in the heart of downtown, surrounded by the finest restaurants, shopping, entertainment venues, museums and attractions. You just can't get any closer to the high-energy vibe of Seattle. Managed by Two Roads Hospitality, we promise to deliver a distinctly different, yet genuinely Seattle hotel experience, highlighted by vibrant service and inviting spaces that are individually crafted. Our staff is engaged and here to serve our Guests. The hotel's restaurant, Frolik Kitchen + Cocktails, has become a "local favorite". Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, Frolik boasts the city's largest outdoor deck, with games such as shuffleboard and Ping Pong. It is a truly stylish and energetic experience to socialize and enjoy delicious, fresh and local cuisine, and vibrantly crafted drinks. Working in the hottest downtown Seattle hotel is the right choice for you! We are a vibrant team that values work life balance, acts with the highest ethical standards and develops lasting relationships. We foster an environment of service and respect where everyone's ideas and points of view are welcomed.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members of high guest impact areas (i.e. reservations, guest services, housekeeping, etc.) to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of all services/features, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules