Destination Resorts Snowmass represents the finest and largest collection of slope-side properties in Snowmass Village; from the Condé Nast award-winning Stonebridge Inn to the prestigious Top of the Village Condominiums. Our diverse collection of properties offers a full range of guest experiences, amenities and accommodation sizes from ski in ski out spacious, luxury condominiums to slope-side hotel rooms and studios. Our largest advantage over our competition is our motivated, friendly and service oriented team who provide superior guest service that keeps our clientele returning season after season.
We believe in empowering fully prepared people while nurturing relationships with our staff, owners and guests. Our team provides exceptional guest experiences by balancing work and play to ensure that we have FUN. Destination Resorts Snowmass is part of Destination Hotels and Resorts, one of the fastest growing hospitality management companies in the country and this partnership can provide abundant opportunities for top performers within Snowmass and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewThis position shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. This position is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and company standards and serve as an ambassador for Destination Hotels.Essential Functions
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members of high guest impact areas (i.e. reservations, guest services, housekeeping, etc.) to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of all services/features, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- Assist management to recruit, hire, train and successfully support and manage the talent of all new and existing team members
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules