Guest Services Manager
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To
learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Guest Services Managerto work at our beautiful new property, The Summit- A Dolce Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for maintaining and
improving the efficiency and quality of guest services of the hotel by
overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Guest Services Department.
will include but not be limited to:
- Selects, orients, and trains qualified associates.
- Supervises the day to day activities of the Guest
Services staff and provides staff with the skills training to provide
value added service to customers.
- Manage finances of Guest Services/Front Office
operations including budget and inventory controls; analyze data and
compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies, etc. in relation
to hotel financial forecasts and budget.
- Implement and maintain all operating and quality
standards established for Guest Services.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of
- Follows all Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with
productivity and budgetary standards. Prepare schedules based upon
occupancy and assign duties to workers and schedule shifts.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and
services and resolve guests' complaints and concerns in a courteous and
efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure
efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring
department provides outstanding customer service.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in
order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct
- Plan and conduct staff meetings; attend various other
related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Ensure accurate communication of information and guest
requests to all relevant departments.
- Ensures rooms types are not oversold and communicates
rate and promotional changes to staff.
- Liaises with our Conference Services department and our
group contacts to ensure that all of our groups' needs are well planned
- Welcomes guests in VIP categories as well as repeat
guests; recognize and anticipate their individual needs.
- Ensure that guest history records are accurately
maintained and all repeat guests preferences are met.
- High school education, GED, or
equivalent experience required. Bachelors’ degree highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working
within Guest Services/Front Office required in a high volume hotel,
conference center or resort with at least three of those in a supervisory
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data
and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability
to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Projects a professional and polished
image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the
company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards
and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Able to effectively deal with internal
and external guests, some of whom will require levels of patience and tact
to defuse anger, collect factual information and resolve conflict.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making
- Highly organized, able to prioritize
multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail
- Ability to work collaboratively and
communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the
- Valid, clean driver’s license.
- Computer literate: Strong proficiency in
MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new
and customized software programs).
- Adept at managing fast paced environment
and putting people at ease.
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor
with professional and pleasant phone manner.
- Comfortable interfacing with a diverse
group of individuals.
- Exceptional oral and written
communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize, identify
problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a
variety of tasks.
- Must be able to work variable shift,
weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use
hands to handle objects, tools
Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs.