Find a New Altitude in every season at Vail's only Four Diamond ski-in/ski-out resort. Along the banks of Gore Creek, Vail Cascade features the very best of Colorado. With every amenity necessary to make the most of each stay, including access to Vail Mountain with Chair 20 onsite; creative Colorado cuisine and craft beer at Atwater on Gore Creek; the incomparable Aria Athletic Club & Spa; and a wide variety of accommodation offerings, Vail Cascade provides elevated experiences delivered by a team whose true passion is to serve and share the Colorado they love.
As an associate of Vail Cascade, gain lifelong memories through exceptional access to activity, relaxation, community and natural beauty. With over 30 years of hospitality excellence, Vail Cascade is well positioned for growth and prosperity. Vail Cascade is a proud property within the Destination Hotels & Resorts (DH&R) portfolio, which provides associates the ability to capitalize on the strengths of one of the country's largest independent hospitality management companies. Top performers will find abundant opportunities at Vail Cascade Resort, and elsewhere within the organization.
Job OverviewThe person in this position is responsible for driving the on call guest shuttle as needed. Responsible for the removal of snow and ice from all sidewalks, stairs and decks in the Vail Cascade Condominiums and surrounding facilities. When not driving or shoveling, provides maintenance support and/or guest service support to the managed properties and guests. Work schedule will vary with weather conditions. Essential Functions
- To know and carry out policies and procedures set forth by The Vail Cascade Resort & Spa.
- Be safety and security conscious.
- Always be in proper uniform and comply with grooming standards.
- Sign in/out at beginning and end of shift and for lunch breaks.
- Listen to and respond to guest inquiries using positive, clear tone of voice as well as answering questions and offering assistance and giving accurate information regarding hotel/outlet hours, services, directions to local attractions, functions, and tourist services.
- Communicate necessary guest information to the appropriate departments. Ability to coordinate maintenance, front office, and housekeeping communications.
- Occasional luggage, mail, and package delivery between offices condominiums, and hotel.
- Offer all assistance possible to our guests, accommodating guest problems and emergencies.
- Drive on call shuttle throughout Cascade Village, carrying condominium customers form hotel to condominiums and vice versa.
- Monitor firewood levels in units, and delivery of wood.
- Shovel and snow blow snow.
- Clean pools and spas.
- Interact with owners and guest to determine and solve maintenance related problems.
- Monitor property safety and security.
- Replace light bulbs outside and repair.
- Trash pickup on grounds.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned work area(s).
- Immediately report maintenance deficiencies and report any loss or damage to vehicles, furniture, fixtures, or equipment.
- Immediately turn in all Lost and Found items to supervisor and/or Security.
- Maintain schedule availability to provide the best assistance to the job related responsibilities to include but not limited to client expectations.
- Read, analyze, and follow established policies.
- Attend and actively participate in the scheduled meetings.
- Maintain complete knowledge of manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge of equipment, hotel layout, events, resort facilities, geographic facilities, related attractions and services.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guest and resort personnel to their understanding, both written and oral. Bilingual helpful.
- Prior customer service experience
- Must possess current, valid CO Drivers License and safe driving record.
- Ability to read, write, speak, hear, understand and satisfactorily communicate in English.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and respond to visual/aural cues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision or with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy while exhibiting a courteous and cooperative behavior.
- Ability to exert physical effort in removing snow and maintaining facilities, and other requests.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds with frequent pushing/pulling/lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree. Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, crouch, grip and carry heavy loads and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as up and down stairs.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules and maintain schedule availability to provide the best assistance to the job related responsibilities to include but not limited to guest expectations.