A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
About our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts primarily located in California.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Welcomes guests by greeting them in an enthusiastic and professional manner,
answering questions and responding to requests. Provides information about hotel
and hotel amenities.
- Registers hotel guest by obtaining or confirming room requirements, verifying preregistration,
assigning rooms, obtaining information and signatures. Issues door
key cards. Establishes guest credit by verifying credit cards or obtaining cash.
Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Directs guest to hotel rooms by showing room locations on a hotel map. Calls
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a
high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collects accurate
information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully
informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt
corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill
- Maintains hotel records by entering required room and guest account data into
systems. Performs all guest accounting functions according to hotel procedure to
ensure all guest and house accounts are completed and accurate. Collects hotel
revenue by entering services and charges, computing bills and obtaining payments.
Runs all necessary reports and balances paperwork.
- Maintains accuracy of cash banks. Balances funds and provides change.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to
management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events,
circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication
or disruptive behavior.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to
manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency
situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if
applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility
to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to
their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material
(HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- If working overnight shift may be required to prepare breakfast vouchers for arriving
guests and deliver folios (bills) to guest who will be checking out that morning.
Walks property (including parking areas) to identify suspicious activity and contact
appropriate authority as needed.
- May provide concierge assistance by providing information about services guests
may require, such as dining, recreation, entertainment, shopping, business, travel,
and hotel amenities. May assist with related reservations.
- Receives and responds to incoming telephone calls from the public and guests.
Receives and processes telephone and walk-in reservations accurately to ensure
- Conveys messages and deliveries to guests by receiving and delivering messages,
mail, facsimiles, packages and guest supplies.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
- Contributes to guest services and hotel success by welcoming related, different and
new requests. Helps others accomplish job results.
- Remains aware of guest satisfaction scores and works toward increasing overall
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment
and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Guest service or customer service experience desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of
various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of
resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills to enter data, read, and interpret information.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and
alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand
instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Proficiency in another
language a plus.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- May be required to posses a Food Handler's certificate if assigned to the night shift.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work
schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
The Doubletree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.