Guest Services Agent - DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - North Shore Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - North Shore Conference Center
Location: US - IL - Skokie
Guest Services Agent
The Guest Service Agent ensures a positive, lasting impression through attending to guests' needs, including, but not limited to, registration, checkout and cashiering.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Greet and welcome guests upon arrival.
- Register guests into the computer, verifying reservation, address, and payment information.
- Promote the hotel brand's preferred guest program and provide recognition and benefits to all present members.
- Accept payment for guests' accounts both at the time of registration and at checkout.
- Maintain a house bank and make a deposit and accurate report of receipts daily.
- Cash checks and exchange currency for guests.
- Issue key to and control entrance of safety deposit boxes.
- Post miscellaneous charges as requested.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must be able to respond to guest requests and business volume quickly and efficiently.
- Individuals in this role must be comfortable making conversation with a diverse clientele base and must be able to professionally describe the hotel and its amenities as the guest is checking in or asks about a guest's stay as they check out.
- Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record if required.
- General knowledge of the city where hotel is located and its attractions. Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Professional demeanor - service oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure.
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Minimum of one year prior customer service experience required. Previous guest services experience within a hotel is preferred.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should anticipate working weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO