At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Additionally the Agent is responsible for the handling of parking and retrieving of Guest’s automobiles in a safe, quick and efficient manner as well as giving directions and information on all Resort and area services.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Opening doors for guests.
· Valet parking cars.
· Delivery of laundry.
· Room deliveries.
· Handling luggage for guests
· Maintaining vehicles' fuel levels and cleanliness.
· Using proper care in driving procedures.
· Reporting any accidents and tickets received to your manager and Human Resources immediately.
· Special deliveries or errands.
· Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and Resort policies.
· Provide exceptional customer service with smile and empathy.
· Interact with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
Formal Education and Job Related Requirements
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must have valid CA State Driver’s License in good standing.
· Ability to transport, handle and/or lift a minimum of 50 lbs. (Note: Loading and unloading luggage out of vans, busses, etc., and delivery to and from guest rooms).
· High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
· Two years of experience in a service industry, preferably in the hospitality industry
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· The ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional sitting, crawling. Constant standing, walking & bending over. Frequent reaching crouching, kneeling, balancing, pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs, manual dexterity, fine motor skills, eye hand coordination, near vision, far vision, color recognition & hearing.
Environmental Factors include working outside, inside, alone, closely with others, in excessive cold, heat, humidity and dampness. Working above ground, with chemicals, detergents and cleaners. Working around fumes, smoke and gas, motor equipment and vehicles. Walking on uneven surfaces. Climbing on ladders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.