Guest Services (Valet, Bell/Door Person)
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
Make the most positive impact on guest experiences throughout all aspects of their stay with personal commitment and an emotional sense of true hospitality.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity.
- Strive to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests, providing Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Rotate between shifts at the Front Door, Airport and in Bell services, receiving guests at the airport, greeting guests at the hotel, opening doors, providing assistance with luggage and other items and providing valet services.
- Park vehicles for guests, residents, and other visitors who require valet parking.
- Voluntarily carry luggage for guest checking in or out according to standards.
- Proactively communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest arrival or particular service needs, issues or concerns as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance to all hotel policies, standards and core practices.
- Ensure safety of guests and guests belongings.
- Responsible for assisting the concierge as necessary, in order to deliver a legendary customer experience to all guests.
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships, familiarity with local venues, attractions, restaurants and events.
- Take active part in the “One Team One Way” concept and from time to time, take part in crunches with housekeeping and/or Food and Beverage in order to accomplish specific tasks.
- As a true Service Associate, meet service expectations proactively, promptly, graciously and professionally, with genuine care to attention and detail.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Undertake other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Care and attention to details in a multi-tasking environment.
- Functional Competence – Able to safely lift up to 75 lbs, familiarity with 5 star expectations for Front Door, Airport Host and Bell services.
- Operational Knowledge –Familiarity with/ability to learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Communication – 100% English language proficiency, other languages desired.
- Decision making- Able to prioritize, making prompt and reasonable decisions.
- Problem solving –Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, including Windows based programs and PDA technology, OPERA and POS Systems.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Minimum 2 years of previous work experience in a similar capacity within an international world-class hotel of 4 stars or greater.
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience useful.
- Must have a valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License.
- Must be in possession of valid Canadian work permit to be eligible to be considered.