Guest Services & Gift Gallery Representative
Tofino is a small town brimming full of adventure. Popular activities around town include: fishing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, golfing, art appreciation and so much more. Musicians and artisans thrive in Tofino with it's numerous galleries, festivals, and culturally-inspired events. Annually, you can partake in the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, The Tofino Food & Wine Festival, The Shorebird Festival, the Clayoquot Oyster Festival, and the list goes on. There's always something to do here, and always interesting new friends to try it with. Tofino is a town of earth-lovers. We bike and walk when we can, and pick up trash if we see it. We strive to include this earth-loving strategy in all departments of the Inn, and work towards not only promoting the unique climate around us, but to preserve and protect it as well.
There is a place where your co-workers are warm and friendly, the guests you greet are interesting and unique, and your work place is surrounded by pristine rainforest, idyllic beaches, and the rush of the Pacific Ocean. After a fulfilling day you hop on your bike, and head home along a well-used bike trail, where you pass families, couples, tourists and locals all out enjoying the adventure of the rugged west coast. When you get home you pull on your wetsuit, grab your board and hit the waves on one of Tofino's numerous surf hot spots. Not into surfing? You'll want to try it once you've seen these unique athletes attempt to tame the wild pacific. This is our daily life at the Wickaninnish Inn, in Tofino, British Columbia.
We strive to provide our employees with work / life balance, ensuring they have ample time to relax away from work and take advantage of the unique destination where we live. We encourage internal promotion, providing our employees with the opportunity to grow and develop, both as an individual, and in their career. Our employees are the type of people who go that extra mile for not only their guests, but their co-workers and neighbours as well. We employ team-oriented people, who don't hesitate to take on an extra task. Our employees make the Inn their own, and offer customer service at the highest level possible, as though you were welcoming a beloved relative into your own home. We offer introductory staff accommodation, competitive wages, and a comprehensive extended health care plan, including dental & eye care.
The Wickaninnish Inn is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Guest Services & Gift Gallery Representative. This position requires a 12 – 18 months commitment.
- 2 days/week GSR shift, 3 days/week Gift Gallery shift (please note that variations to this schedule may occur),
- Take and process reservation calls
- Welcome guests, check in and check out guests, assisting with luggage
- Guest Orientation
- Deliver amenities (fruit plates, room deliveries etc.)
- Email and written correspondence
- Guest Services and Concierge related tasks such as arranging recreation trips and recommending local activities/dining options
- Gift Gallery Inventory & month end reporting
- Monthly Consignment artists invoices
- Create/update sales/promotional materials for artists – catalogues, artist bios
- Manage artist contact info
- Merchandising/updating displays
- Ensuring Gift Gallery storage rooms are organized
- Receiving inventory and approving invoices for payment
- Curating of new and existing art pieces & jewelry
- Familiarization and full optimization of Inventory & Sales Management Software
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations,
- Must be willing to be part of a world-class Front Office team
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Service Industry or 1 years of experience in a high-end luxury facility is necessary
- Previous Reservations experience is an asset
- A professional and groomed appearance is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are needed
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary
- Working knowledge of Epitome, Maximizer, Microsoft Word and Excel, Aralco and File Maker Pro are assets
- Must enjoy working evenings and weekends, overnights and shifts
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License, with the ability to apply for a Class 4
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of the Front Office Department and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole,
- Ability to make 12 – 18 months commitment to this role.
To apply for this career opportunity, please send your resume with letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.