JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of a Guest Services Supervisor is to support the Leadership Team in assuring the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for service.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient arrival experience.
- Achieves desired customer service goals by monitoring the service provided and developing and implementing strategies to achieve desired service levels.
- Supervises day to day activities of bellstaff, valet parking staff, and van drivers staff
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
- Ensures that all new associates receive a thorough orientation and on-going technical training.
- Increases efficiency of operations by analyzing procedures and practices and implementing alternative strategies as required.
- Assists the Operations Manager; directs or cooperates with other managerial personnel as required or requested.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides outstanding customer service and teamwork, ensuring Hyatt brand standards are in place and consistently executed.
- Works side by side with bellstaff/drivers/valet staff as necessary to provide outstanding guest service
- Coordinates bellstand/valet/driver work with other departments: Housekeeping, Engineering, Banquets, etc
- Insures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures and takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work area
- Maintains proper department supplies inventory, conducts inventories as assigned and recommends purchase of products (remaining within budget)
- Confers closely with Leadership Team at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
- Assists in the selection, supervision, development, appraisal, counseling, and disciplinary action of associates as necessary.
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels associates as needed
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associates productivity and satisfaction of direct reports.
College degree in Hotel Administration; 2-3 years hotel management/supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
JHM Hotels/Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.
If you are interested in this position go to www.jhmhotels.com to fill out an official application.