Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel companies. Operating in over 85 countries and territories worldwide, our brands employ more than 85,000 inspiring people-and we are always looking for great talent to join our team. Our culture encourages employees to innovate, share ideas, take risks, lead, and make a difference.
Guest Service Representative
Award winning Country Inn & Suites By Carlson in the heart of Silicon Valley is seeking an energetic and detail oriented full time Front Desk Agent/Guest Service Representative who is looking to be a part of our fun and dynamic work environment.
Compensation starts at $14.00/hr, with benefits and potential for growth into Supervisor role. Guest Service Agents are an essential part of our Front Office Team. In addition to checking guests in and out of our hotel, Guest Service Agents provide exceptional service and answer questions about the area and our hotel both in person and over the phone.
* Ensure a delightful, seamless arrival and departure for our guests.
* Greets guest and processes hotel registration and other transactions
* Keeps current on hotel accommodations, services and local attractions
* Handles all guest compliments, comments, observations and challenges in a timely manner to effectively achieve full guest satisfaction
* Driving guests to and from various locations in the immediate area using the hotel shuttle
* Records resolutions to guest complaints on the "Problem Resolution" log
* Works with other departments as appropriate to arrange for services requested by the guest
* Stays current with developments in the hotel by reviewing and updating the communication log
* Prepares end of shift summaries and communications for management and other shifts
* Encourages day to day up selling of guest accommodations and promotes hotel amenities, food & beverage outlets, hotel services and loyalty program
* Makes reservations in accordance with hotel's yield management practices
* Responsible for answering and fielding all calls to the hotel, both internal and external
* Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies Accounting
* Obtains appropriate approvals and signatures for guest transactions
* Follows hotel policy on cash banks
* Maintains confidentiality of guest information
* Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
* Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
* Provides genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis
* Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and works to resolve
* Performs other duties required to provide the service brand behavior and genuine hospitality
* Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of hotel front desk experience, other hotel experience or experience in a customer service environment
* Must have a valid driver's license and be able to successfully pass a driving record check
* Strong knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft applications and Outlook.
* Experience in Opera system preferential
* Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Works well independently or as part of a team
* Strong attention to detail
* Commitment to exceptional guest service
* Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when handling all situations
* Adhere to the policies and procedures of the hotel
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
* Working knowledge of computer and math skills.
* Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
* Ability to stand and exert well paced mobility for an eight (8) hour shift
* Ability to lift, pull, push up to 70 pounds on an ongoing basis
* Must be able to squat, bend, kneel and twist on an ongoing basis
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of hotel front desk experience, other hotel experience or experience in a customer service environment
Must have a valid driver's license and be able to successfully pass a driving record check
Strong knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft applications and Outlook.
Experience in Opera system preferential
Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Works well independently or as part of a team
Strong attention to detail