Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Guest Services Representative. The Guest Services Representative will report to the Guest Services Manager and will work closely with the Front Office team as well as other departments of the hotel.
The successful candidate will be welcoming with friendly attitude, be team orientated, be efficient and a good problem solver. The hospitality industry is unique in that it requires commitment 24 hours a day. Providing our guests with a great experience and anticipating needs to achieve the best possible service in the most caring and courteous manner so they will want to come back for more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Check guest in, ensuring proper credit is received, special requests are noted / fulfilled and accurate information is established.
* Communicate with all departments regarding in house VIP’s and any special needs.
* Thoroughly complete all guest transactions.
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all hotel amenities as well as any special events.
* Promote and sell special hotel programs, special rate packages, and upgrades when appropriate.
* Interact with team in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
* Be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and Hotel policies.
* Maintain house bank and handle all checks and cash according to Hotel policies and procedures.
* Communicate all pertinent information to Managers and Supervisors.
* Follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe deposits, and refunds.
* Solicit guest feedback via guest comment cards.
* Answer the telephone in a professional manner and assist guests with any questions, directions to the property etc.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong skills in mathematics for basic computations and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Must be available to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Previous cash-handling experience preferred.
* Organizational skills including follow-through, problem solving, and communication.
* Ability to stand and walk for hours at a time.
* Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* High school or equivalent education required.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER