Guest Service Manager
Location: US - CO - Denver
Job Summary: Manages all duties of the front desk operation, including reservations and guest services. Responsible for staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. Maximizes revenue through cost control and proper front desk techniques. Works closely with Senior management on Front office guidelines and day to day operations.
* Hires, trains, and disciplines staff. Determines work procedures and prepares work schedules to ensure the smooth operation of the front desk.
* Empowers front desk staff to successfully handle guest needs, special requests, and complaints. Ensures all guest service issues are resolved prior to guests leaving the property.
* Trains front desk staff on proper revenue management procedures, including successful selling techniques, current specials and/or promotions, and rate structures.
Strives to be innovative in new programs designed to eliminate waste and increase productivity.
* Performs administrative and financial duties such as daily reports, credit card reversals, bank deposits, accounts receivables, rooming lists, and office supply inventory.
* Manages departmental expenses within budgeted guidelines.
*Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of two years experience at front desk with complete understanding of front office operations. Previous experience in hospitality management preferred.
* Superior customer service and public relations skills.
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers, co-workers, and managers.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and property management systems.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.