*If you are interested in this position, please apply on the following website: www.qhire.net/sofitel
Serves as the most critical point of contact for our guests in the areas of arrival and departure. Having been fully trained in all areas of the hotel (including Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering, and F&B) the Guest Service Expert will be able to provide an unsurpassed level of service during each interaction with our guests.
• Must be a team player and enjoy working in teams (understands the goal for the group and is an asset to that group in attaining their goals).
• Engaging personality that attracts guests with an always present smile, a clear voice and willingness to initiate conversation without prompting.
• Projects a contemporary professional image through a self assured posture and attention to all areas of dress.
• Takes ownership of a situation or task as shown by fully understanding the issue, asking for help when needed, communicating progress to goal, and delivering the results on time.
• Effective communicator of the English language. Is able to understand the guest clearly when talking to the guest and when the guest is talking to you.
• Flexible. Open to new ideas/changes and assists in these new ideas/changes to their successful development when appropriate.
• Ability to discern feelings and understand needs through active listening, open ended questions, and analysis of body language.
• Flexible schedule.
• Reliable, motivated, and trustworthy. Always looking for things to do if not busy. Can be depended upon to get things done for the hotel no matter what.
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast pace environment.
• Shows integrity by admitting mistakes made.
• Seeks out opportunities to be of assistance to others such as offering refreshments or helping to find directions.
• Uses other team members to accomplish tasks by asking for assistance or offering assistance to others without prompting.
• Openness to new ideas and diversity of people as shown by international travel, lived in different cities, or spending time with people from different backgrounds.
• Welcomes guest to hotel.
• Checks guest in to hotel
• Continuously acknowledges guest throughout their stay and uses guest name during every interaction.
• Assists guest with all requests and/or needs.
• Makes decisions, solves problems, anticipates complaints, and provides information to all guests in a friendly and timely manner.
• Ensure guest receives a warm departure including inviting them back.
• Maintains all hotel accounts on a daily basis.
• Handles any additional responsibilities given by the Manager.
• Able to maintain control and composure in difficult situations.
• Able to lift, bend, push up to 30 pounds.
• Able to stand up to 8 hours per day.
• May work in other areas of the Hotel as needed.