• Assures that front desk is covered and maintained at all times.
• Reviews arrivals and departures for guest preferences to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Checks guests in and out of hotel and summons bellman or other assistance if needed.
• Informs or checks with housekeeping on checkouts, sleep outs, vacancies and service need of guests.
• Provides information and acts as a resource of services to guests or hotel visitors by making restaurant reservations/suggestions, arranging car services, giving directions, etc.
• Responds and acts on guests complaints, service or security problems.
• Posts and adjusts charges and information on all folios and accounts and provides appropriate backup to Financial Services.
• Maintains and accounts for assigned cash bank and front office cash record on daily basis.
• Operates switchboard and handles telephone calls and wake up calls, as required.
• Receives and acknowledges reservation requests, cancellations and changes.
• Distributes mail, faxes, messages or packages to registered guests or hotel personnel.
• Communicates guest requests and issues to the proper departments, (i.e. Housekeeping, RSC, Financial Services, etc) via the guest service recovery log.
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
• College Degree
• Previous experience in a customer service role
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
• Strong, positive and energized professional presence
• Proven team player and results oriented.
• Direct experience as a front desk agent.
• Epitome knowledge.
• Hospitality degree.
• FSD certified or experienced with fire brigade.
• Fluency in one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese or German.
New York, NY
Denihan Hospitality Group
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No
Hiring Contact: Kelly Amador
Contact Title: Recruitment Coordinator