Guest Service Agent-Night Auditor
Best Western Bayside Inn
Location: US - CA - San Diego
SUMMARY: Provides front desk services to guests in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Greets guests and checks them into hotel following established procedures including but not limited to assuring all necessary information is received and entered into computer, obtaining credit card imprint for incidental expenses, informing guests of pertinent hotel policies, issuing room keys, directing guests to rooms and other areas.
- Responds to guest questions either in person or over the phone in a courteous and professional manner; provides information including but not limited to directions, shopping, dining, entertainment, hotel services, and safety.
- Fulfills guests’ needs, ensuring their stay is as pleasurable as possible; assists with dining, entertainment, or transportation reservations as needed.
- Resolves guest problems/complaints; utilizes own best judgment in resolving issues or refers to management as needed.
- Answers hotel internal and external phone calls and provides information as needed; takes messages for hotel guests and assures receipt.
- Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, obtaining credit card information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancelation.
- Checks guests out of hotel following established procedures including but not limited to computing bills, collecting payment, and providing guest with necessary paperwork.
- Maintains front desk area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of hotel and area’s attractions.
- Completes all necessary paperwork; maintains files and records.
- Performs clerical duties as required including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.