A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Provides warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors. Handles all aspects of guest registration/check-in and checkout procedures. Provides special assistance and information about the hotel, hotel amenities, and local area attractions. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction. Enters information into computer system, collects funds and runs necessary reports. Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Welcomes guests by greeting them in an enthusiastic and professional manner, answering questions and responding to requests. Provides information about hotel and hotel amenities.
- Registers hotel guest by obtaining or confirming room requirements, verifying preregistration, assigning rooms, obtaining information and signatures. Issues doorkey cards. Establishes guest credit by verifying credit cards or obtaining cash.Seeks opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Directs guest to hotel rooms by showing room locations on a hotel map. Calls Bellperson.
- Effectively deals with internal and external customers, some of who may require a high level of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger. Collects accurate information and resolves conflicts. Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of any problems, potential safety issues, or unusual situations so prompt corrective action may be taken. Communicates with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Maintains hotel records by entering required room and guest account data into systems. Performs all guest accounting functions according to hotel procedure to ensure all guest and house accounts are completed and accurate. Collects hotel revenue by entering services and charges, computing bills and obtaining payments.Runs all necessary reports and balances paperwork.
- Maintains accuracy of cash banks. Balances funds and provides change.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibilityto report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- If working overnight shift may be required to prepare breakfast vouchers for arriving guests and deliver folios (bills) to guest who will be checking out that morning. May be required to walk property (including parking areas) to identify suspicious activity and contact appropriate authority as needed.
- May provide concierge assistance by providing information about services guests may require, such as dining, recreation, entertainment, shopping, business, travel, and hotel amenities. May assist with related reservations.
- Receives and responds to incoming telephone calls from the public and guests. Receives and processes telephone and walk-in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Conveys messages and deliveries to guests by receiving and delivering messages, mail, facsimiles, packages and guest supplies.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training sessions as instructed.
- Contributes to guest services and hotel success by welcoming related, different and new requests. Helps others accomplish job results. Remains aware of guest satisfaction scores and works toward increasing overall guest satisfaction.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- Guest service or customer service experience desired.
- Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires basic computer skills to enter data, read, and interpret information.
- Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests. Proficiency in another language a plus.
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
- May be required to posses a Food Handler's certificate if assigned to the night shift.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands for sustained periods of time or walks from one work area to another. While performing the duties of the job the team member frequently uses fingers to enter data into computer or operate office equipment. The team member occasionally grasps objects. The team member frequently reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. The team member occasionally stoops and crouches. The team member regularly talks when communicating with guests. The team member regularly needs to hear voices while interacting with guests. Exerts up to 70 pounds of force occasionally when moving luggage. The team member is required to have close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures and view a computer terminal. The team member is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned and to make general observations of facilities. The team member is subject to inside environmental conditions. The noise level is moderate. The team member is subject to hazards which includes proximity to electrical current found in office related equipment. The team member is occasionally subject to atmospheric conditions such as perfumes, odors , or dusts.
The Meritage Resort and Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.