Come explorer a world of opportunity!
The Wyndham Hawthorn Suites is currently seeking a
Guest Service Agent to work on a part time status. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
· Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
· Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
· Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
· Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Red Book.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
· Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
· Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
· Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
· Maintain a clean work area.
· Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.