With an unrivalled location on Wacker Drive, just off Michigan Avenue, the Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is in the heart of everything that is Chicago. The hotel boasts 334 spacious guestrooms, Hoyt’s Chicago restaurant and bar, 24-hour business and fitness centers and over 16,000 square feet of private event space. Many of our guest rooms offer stunning views of either the city or the famed Chicago River.
The Hotel offers 47 vacation ownership units in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group’s sister company, Wyndham Vacation Ownership. As the world’s largest developer and marketer of flexible, points-based vacation ownership products, Wyndham Vacation Ownership has developed or acquired more than 185 vacation ownership resorts throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and the South Pacific that represent more than 23,000 individual vacation ownership units.
The Wyndham Grand Chicago Riverfront is part of the prestigious Wyndham Grand® ensemble of distinguished hotels within the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand that represent one-of-a-kind experiences in key destinations with refined accommodations, attentive service and relaxed surroundings. Wyndham Hotel Group,part ofthe Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE:WYN) familyof companies, isthe world’slargest hotel companywith approximately 8,000 hotels and over 689,800 rooms in 76 countries.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
· Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
· Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
· Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
· Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist