At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
An outgoing individual that is looking to grow with a fun, progressive company. This person is committed in providing the highest levels of service.
What You Will Be Doing
- Interacts with all guests. The front desk agent will welcome our guest to the hotel and proceed with checking in the guest.
- They will ensure they collect the guest's information required for their stay along with explaining hotel policies and procedures in a professional manner.
- You will ensure that proper payment methods are collected along with recording any special requests from the guest.
- You will promote and sell special hotel programs.
- You will follow set procedures on posting, charges, cashing checks, safe deposits, and refunds.
- You will be constantly interacting with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Engages with our guests upon check out (leaving) to ensure that that are satisfied with their service and assist in recovery efforts when needed.
- When there is down time, you will assist the reservations department with taking guest reservations in a professional manner. This will also occur when the reservations department closes for the day.
- "Be the Difference" with all guest and employees and do more than just “the norm".
Who You Will Be Working With
- The front desk agent will be the newest addition to the team.
- They will be working with other front desk agents, reservations agents and bell person/ guest services attendant. This also includes working with the Housekeeping Department & other departments around the resort as a needed.
- The front desk agent responds to the Front Office Manager and Front Office Supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to type accurately (at least 45 words per minute).
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate. Experience with the Maestro system is a plus.
- At least two years’ experience in a service industry with direct contact with the public, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
- Must be able to work a full shift standing. Mats are provided for additional support.
- Ability to multi-task and able to effectively resolve guest issues when they occur.
- Must have a flexible schedule including availability on weekends and holidays.
Company Match Paid 401-k
Company Hotel Discounts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits (full-time employees)