We are looking for an energetic and friendly individual to join our team at the Hotel Carlingview. The Guest Services Agent will assist each of our Guests in a friendly, efficient, professional manner in all Guest Services related functions. To maintain a high standard of service and hospitality at all times.
- Confirming, at check-in, the method of payment and at check-out, that full payment has been made.
- Register guests and assign rooms, making every effort to accommodate special requests.
- Assist in pre-registration and blocking reservations.
- Make room moves where appropriate and providing room tours upon request.
- Develop a thorough understanding of mailing procedures, message handling and emergency procedures, reservations, room rack, property management system, electronic key system, room locations, type and features of rooms.
- Stay up-to-date on room rates, packages, discounts, road directions, major attractions and common local destinations as well as services and facilities’ hours of operation.
- Process client payments according to procedure.
- Notify Housekeeping of late departures, early arrivals, special requests and day rooms.
- Complete bucket checks, balance and prepare individual paperwork at the end of the night shift.
- Handle safe deposit boxes in accordance with procedures.
- Answer all telephone calls and transfer calls accordingly internally as well as to guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to your Supervisors and Manager.
- Maintain the orderliness and cleanliness of the Front Desk and Back office. Monitor the neatness of the lobby and the special services counter for Coffee & pastries.
- Understand and facilitate Stay n Fly packages and procedures to assist Hotel & Guests.
- Perform any other tasks as required.
* Other duties as required
- At least one year of hotel experience is preferred
- A Diploma or Degree in Hospitality/Business or related area is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, friendly, upbeat, outgoing, mature person who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of computers and cash handling experience mandatory
- Must be detail orientated and able to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Eager to learn new tasks
- Previous Front Desk, Switchboard or related Hotel/Resort experience an asset.
If this dynamic position excites you and you are located in the Toronto/GTA area, please submit your resume to email@example.com
Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport is an Atlific Managed Hotel and a leader in the market for pay and benefits.