Guest Service Agent
Location: US - TN - Knoxville
Jun 1, 2018
Director of Human Resources
Greet and register guests, provide prompt and courteous service, and close out guest accounts upon
completion of stay to meet PM Hotel Group and brand standards of quality.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, and confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate.
- Promote PM Hotel Group and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check-out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- File guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.
- Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.