HOTEL GUEST SERVICE AGENT
We have an opening for a "Guest Service Agent " at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites – Baltimore West. This is a 2 year old, market leading, 135 room property.
"There is a potential of growth within a company subject to the performance of an individual".
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
2. Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
3. Thoroughly understand and adheres to proper credit, direct bill and cash handling policies and procedures.
4. Understands room status and room status tracking.
5. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
6 Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices.
7. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
8 Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
9. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins & special requests.
10. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancelation procedures.
11 Maintain and supervises access to safe deposit boxes.
12. Knows how to use front office equipment.
13. Process guest check-outs.
14. Works closely with the housekeeping department in the keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
15. Uses proper telephone etiquette.
16 Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out's , etc.
17. Uses proper mail, package, and message handling procedures.
18. Attends department meetings.
19. Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or a supervisor.
20. Knows all safety and emergency procedures, Is aware of accident prevention policies.
21. Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
22. Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Requires hand dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion have to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
NO phone calls please, either reply online,drop off resume or send by email
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
10 - 11 USD
Position Available: Immediately
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: No
Entry Level: Yes
Hiring Contact: Rene Knox
Contact Title: Assistant General Manager
Address: 5701 Baltimore National Pike , Catonsville, MD, 21228, US