Guest Service Agent
Location: US - IL - Tinley Park
Tinley Park, IL, US 60477-6253
Guest Service Agent
The Tinley Park Hampton Inn currently has an opportunioty available for a Guest Service Agent. Hampton Inn Tinley Park is managed by TMI Hospitality.
• Performance – You are an impression maker. You are here to make a difference by impressing our guests. You are here to help and do your best every day for our guests and team members.
• Teamwork – Do your best to make the job easier for those you work with and understand that your job is part of a greater team’s effort to be the best it can be.
• Adaptability – Willingness to learn and accept change for your personal growth and the growth of your team members.
• Attention to Detail – Pay attention to detail and know that even the little things can make a difference.
Guest Service Agent Job Summary
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for taking reservations, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay.
Guest Service Agent Responsibilities
• Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity.
• Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints.
• Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy.
• Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift.
• Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and travel directions.
• Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager.
• Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls.
• Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log.
• May assist in replenishing continental breakfast as needed and keeping breakfast area clean.
• Ensures common area/lobby is clean.
• Performs laundry functions as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Guest Service Agent Requirements
• A minimum of one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; includes the ability to respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance.
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Knowledge of, and ability to, appropriately interpret and follow policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of and ability to adhere to safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. May occasionally require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.