Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
FRONT DESK DUTIES:
- Register guests and assign rooms utilizing Property Management System (PMS), confirming pertinent information including number of guests, room rate, etc.
- Log all special requests from guests and internal incidents in GuestWare; coordinate the accommodation of guest requests as applicable
- Make appropriate selection of guest rooms based on needs and availability, properly code electronic keys, and provide welcome folders containing keys, certificates, coupons, and all other applicable items dependent upon room type
- Collect and record various forms of payments from guests to include Marriott Points redemption, vouchers, traveler’s checks, credit cards, and cash. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing assigned house bank
- Post any related charges and adjustments to guest rooms and house accounts using the PMS computer, and complete proper documentation for shift closing
- Check out guest and close account at time of departure, and ensure satisfaction with bill and related services.
- Welcome and greet all guests while managing guests in front of the desk
- Complete the AM & PM Checklists and communicate with shift manager or MOD if any assigned tasks are not able to be completed.
- Remain current on all hotel procedures, including discounts programs, cancellations and walks, and how to handle each. Promote all current marketing programs to ensure the success for the hotel.
- Prepare wake up sheet by inputting the guest’s name and room number under the wake up time requested utilizing Marsha.
- Coordinate all deliveries for guests’ requests or other delivery needs including, but not limited to, faxes, boxes, luggage, rollaway beds, cribs, frigs, microwaves, etc. Notify the proper department for deliveries (ex: faxes & boxes = bellstand, crib & frigs = housekeeping)
- Track all amenities delivered to guest rooms in GuestWare and on AYS Tracking Board to maintain an accurate inventory and to ensure recovery upon guest departure.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming/outgoing transmissions
- Assist Bell Staff as needed.
- Answer and relay all incoming calls promptly with-in three rings, using correct phone script.
- Schedule and deliver wake-up calls as requested.
- Handle all emergencies according to established procedures and route to established personnel when necessary, including but not limited to, hotel security, managers and police.
- Handle all functions of the hotel’s switchboard.
- Handle mail and phone messages per outlined procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be on time to scheduled shifts and attend all scheduled departmental meeting without fail.
- Arrive to each shift with positive attitude and dressed in complete uniform (including name tag).
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance according to company policy.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of all work space and Front-of-House areas.
- Use the guest name at least 3 times in conversation.
- Understand and utilize the LEARN process to solve the guest’s concern so that the guest leaves 100% satisfied.
- Greet customers with a sincere and friendly welcome.
- Offer the hotel guests the best possible service through clear, courteous and proper phone answering procedures.
- Be an ambassador to the hotel by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shops, etc.
- Understanding of various payment options, check cashing procedures, and a working knowledge of various outlets charging procedures, to better assists the guest.
- Be able to give accurate directions and information to/from regarding the immediate and metro area.
- Ensure any guests that may experience a problem receive an immediate response along with satisfactory resolution, any promised compensation is delivered and all guests receive appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
High School or better.
1 year: 6 months experience in a similar role, or at a minimum a customer facing role.
Licenses & Certifications