Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
A World of Opportunities for You
Great guest experiences begin with Team Members who feel appreciated, valued and respected. That's what you can expect at the Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront, where we have created a culture of excellence, continuous improvement, and innovation that helps Team Members reach their full potential.
We work hard to attract and select the right talent at the right time. Our goal is to hire people who share our passion for hospitality and want to further their careers while remaining committed to our Vision, Mission and Values.
What Will I Be Doing?
As Guest Service Agent, you would be responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel while delivering outstanding guest service. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Greet guests and complete the registration process to include, but not limited to, inputting and retrieving information from the computer, confirmation of guest information and room rate, selection of rooms, coding electronic keys, promoting marketing programs, providing a welcome packet and ensuring guest knows location of room and/or has a bell person accompany him/her
• Assist guests with check-out including, but not limited to, ensuring rooms and services are correctly accounted, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, accepting and recording various forms of payment, converting foreign currency, making change and processing gift certificates and cards
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of hotel information including, but not limited to, room categories, room rates, packages, promotions, the local area and other general product knowledge and answer guest questions and inquiries
• Use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities and to maximize room occupancy
• Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
• Field guest complaints, conduct research and resolve and negotiate solutions for guest satisfaction
• Receive, input, retrieve and relay messages to guests
• Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
• Complies with our uniform and grooming guidelines
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent is required, some college coursework is preferred
• Must have guest service experience, preferably in a hotel setting
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to multi-task in a busy environment, follow through on guest and employee requests, ensure guest satisfaction, and work as a team player
• Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Flexible schedule required for days, evenings, weekends and holidays; must be available and willing to work between the hours of 3pm and 7am
• Ability to effectively communicate in English with supervisor, fellow employees and guests
The Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront hotel is centrally located to downtown San Francisco and Silicon Valley. Our hotel has received the 2015 Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to establishments that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on Trip Advisor, the world's largest travel site. Our staff takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our guests.
1 year: Guest service
Licenses & Certifications