Guest Service Agent (Front Desk Agent)
Be part of our enthusiastic and dynamic team!
The Guest Service Agent has overall responsibility for efficiently and courteously handling the requests and transactions of the hotel guests in all Front Desk related functions. The incumbent must utilize available resources to provide excellent guest satisfaction. Required to meet or exceed productivity standards, taking corrective action as needed to ensure standards are maintained.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs efficiently and in a professional manner, informing guests of hotel's facilities at time of registration.
- Handle guest issues, complaints, and requests and pro-actively resolve in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel.
- Coordinate with other departments to fulfill guest special requests.
- Answer guest questions regarding local area facilities and be able to give proper directions to these areas.
- Demonstrate proper telephone etiquette, transferring of calls, and taking accurate messages for guests and team members, according to company standards.
- Inform Housekeeping of vacant dirty rooms as they become available upon check-out.
- Update room status as Housekeeping notifies the desk of changes, if needed.
- Notify Housekeeping and Maintenance of any reported problems with rooms or grounds.
- Have working knowledge of reservations, procedures and yield management techniques. Take same day reservations and make accurate future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation and walked guest procedures and be able to perform them if needed.
- Assist in the verification, balancing and revenue maximization of hotel's room availability.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and be able to file and post all charges to Guest folios and ledger accounts.
- Communicate with the incoming shift Associates by logging pertinent information in the Communications Log Book.
- Have a thorough knowledge of safety and emergency procedures and be able to execute them when necessary.
- Accept mail and deliveries, and administer guest safe deposit boxes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Attend mandatory meetings
• Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
• Keep work area clean and organized.
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager.
Assimilate into Fillmore Hospitality culture through understanding, supporting and participating. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Fillmore Hospitality from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to arrive to work on time and when scheduled.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and Associates, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
High School graduate or equivalent required,
Prior Customer Service related experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
All Associates must maintain a neat, clean, professional and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
Associates will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Upon employment, all Associates are required to fully comply with Fillmore Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Associates who violate company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including separation from the company.
Local candidates only
* We participate in E-Verify.
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.(ref. 13543)