Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Assist the Guest Experience Manager in the daily operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with company policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals. Ensure that the arrival, departure, and any other guest contact experience are conducted in an efficient and friendly manner.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
* Assign and instruct Guest Experience Hosts in details of work.
* Observes performance and encourages improvement.
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
* Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming all pertinent information including but not limited to number of guests, room rate, and number of nights and room control.
* Verify credit cards information for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
* Promote East Miami hotels and brand-specific marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate. Close out guest accounts at time of check out.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear voice. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve facsimiles for customers as requested.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other associates. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions.
* Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation.
* Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Minimum three years hotel operations experience preferred.
* Excellent communication and guest relations skills.
* Knowledge of the local area, roadways, and services
* Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds and push/pull a cart weighing up to 350 pounds
* Position requires continual bending, lifting, stooping, and pushing
* Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
* High school diploma required, college degree preferred.
* Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
* Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
* Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the front desk.
* Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Command of languages at the workplace both written and verbal.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.