Destination Residences Hawaii
Guest Experience Supervisor
Destination Residences Hawaii
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Customer Service, Shift Supervisor
Destination Residences Hawaii has successfully set the highest standards of value, commitment and quality, for its seven villages since 1976. Working with us is a departure from the norm. We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. What you do, and the decisions you make, will have a direct impact on results. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Destination Hotels fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. Individuality is fostered in our associates and the products we represent. As a member of the DRH 'ohana,â your unique contributions will provide lasting memories to our guests.
Job OverviewThis position will provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible to assist in providing leadership, guidance and support to the front desk team in the areas of guest service, training, scheduling and performance management for the overall successful day-to-day operations. S/he often provides the first point of contact for guests and is responsible for creating an excellent, memorable first impression. The Guest Experience Evening Supervisor is fully committed to ensuring that all procedures are performed to the department and property standards and serve as an ambassador for the property.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively interact, coordinate and communicate through daily pre-shift meetings with all team members to ensure a smooth arrival through departure experience for all guests
- Be an expert and demonstrate knowledge of: all hotel features/services, hours of operations, room types, room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures, room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries promptly and accurately
- Champion, promote and successfully track departmental and organizational initiatives e.g. upsell programs, Destination Delivers Program, etc.
- Ensure front desk agents properly complete required checklist items at the end of each shift
- Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
- Instills a calm, organized approach when interacting in stressful situations
- Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
- Ensure that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and follow proper protocol to secure and protect pertinent hotel data
- Foster and maintain strong, positive relationships with team members across all departments through communication and regular face-to-face interaction
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
- Previous hospitality experience in a Four Diamond quality organization preferred
- Previous experience with Windows, Office, and property management systems highly desirable
- Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
- Demonstrate ability to compute basic arithmetic
- Must be available to work, varied shifts and flexible schedules