Employees at Lansdowne Resort are carefully selected, not hired. Here, you will experience how to deliver quality hospitality and provide exceptional customer service that will meet and exceed all of the expectations of our loyal guests. Lansdowne Resort is the preeminent resort and golf club experience in Northern Virginia. A recipient of the AAA Four Diamond Award in every year of its existence, this Virginia resort combines world-class service, urban style, understated luxury and premium amenities. Located in the heart of DC Wine Country and just 30 minutes away from the Nation's Capital, Lansdowne is managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, one of the premier hotel management companies in the country.
We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success.
This is your invitation to join us and build a career. Our destination is where your journey begins.
Job OverviewLansdowne Resort & Spa is looking for an experienced and skilled rooms division leader to join our Front Office Team. The Guest Experience Manager is responsible for the daily quality and accuracy of the work produced by the Front Office Team including Guest Reception, Guest Services/Valet, Concierge, Rooms Controller, & Resort Phone Operators. The highest standards of operation relating to guest satisfaction are to be maintained through the Guest Experience Manager in the overall operations of the Front Office Department.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- all hotel features/services, hours of operation.
- all room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
- all room rates, special packages and promotions.
- daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
- room availability status for any given day.
- scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Ensure that current information on rates, packages and promotions is available at the Front Desk and that all staff is knowledgeable on such.
- Control all guest room allocations ensuring that reservations are accurately recorded and monitored to ensure optimum occupancy and revenue is achieved.
- Assist the Director of Guest Experience in hiring, coaching, terminating and scheduling in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitudes, appearance and conduct of the staff.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all idfgnformation pertinent to the day's business.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions.; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel to include Front Desk staff, Bell/Door staff, PBX staff
- Ensure that the procedures for guest check in and check out are maintained; anticipate critical situations and assist wherever necessary to help alleviate the pressure and to process the guest expediently.
- Monitor communication logs and ensure that guest requests are followed up within a reasonable time ensuring guest follow-up at all times.
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Assist guests with reports of lost/stolen articles, following hotel policy.
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards:
- Contracted banks
- Late charges
- Petty cash/paid outs
- Posting charges
- Making change for guests
- Cashing personal/travelers checks
- Payment methods/processing
- Settling accounts
- Closing reports
- Cashier reports
- Balancing receipts
- Dropping receipts
- Securing banks
- Review previous night's no-shows, verify and ensure billing of such.
- Assist Accounting in researching all disputed charges and contact guests where required to explain disputes regarding Front Desk procedures.
- Ensure that all VIPs are pre-registered according to standards. Monitor VIP arrivals; greet and escort them to their room.
- Work closely with Housekeeping management to ensure accurate status of each room, readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
Education:High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in hospitality management preferred.
Experience:Two years front desk experience in a major resort and one year supervisory experience.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Communication:Must be able to communicate effectively and able to work well with guests to resolve problems in a positive manner.
Licenses or Certifications:n/a
Other:Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.