Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Ø This position performs a variety of guest service activities in an exceptionally friendly, professional, and efficient manner commensurate with the demands of a world-class hotel. Registers guest, assigns rooms, settles guest accounts, and coordinates with other departments to satisfy guest requests.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors or GE Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations.
* Secures payment; verifies and adjusts billing. Activates room keys. Processes all guest requests and relay messages.
* Prints contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
* Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, local areas of interest, tours, and makes bookings if needed.
* Ensures all incidents/challenges are properly logged for follow up.
* Ensures that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
* Runs and reviews daily reports/logs.
* Completes designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
* Accepts and records wake-up call requests and delivers to appropriate department.
* Counts bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank.
* Processes all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change.
* Notifies Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
* Ensures all guests have the appropriate authorization amounts.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Minimum one year experience at a comparable quality property.
* General knowledge of hotel departments.
* Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
* Excellent guest service skills.
* Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management.
* Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to stand for an entire shift.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with East Miami Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Comply at all times with East Miami Hotel Standards and regulation to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
* Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Follow proper procedures to all VIP and special guest request.
* Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
* Handle checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner,
* Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Answer inquiries from guest regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc. within the property.
* Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.