Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Group Services Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the in-house details for group and convention booking to include menus, room set-up, etc. The Group Services Manager participates in negotiating meeting/function rooms, rates and all related requirements while ensuring maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits. Responsible for the execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the signing of a group contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, and creation of group resumes.
The Group Services Manager will be required to work flexible scheduled shifts based on business needs. Scheduling include nights and weekends depending on banquet and local events and hotel functions.
- Services groups and events
- Establishes contact with meeting planner to detail the events
- Provides clients with banquet menus, direct bill applications, credit card authorization forms
- Creates Banquet Event Orders and distributes to appropriate departments
- Follows up on credit applications, rooming lists and enter information on catering systems
- Conducts site visits as needed
- Attends BEO meetings
- Ensures all functions are checked prior to client’s arrival
- Reviews final bill for events; coordinates any revisions with Accounting Team
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner
- Develop customer profiles and maintain an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service and increased revenues
- Develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner
- Focus on revenue-generating activity and maximize selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness
- Up-sell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Prepare the appropriate resumes, BEO’s, and paperwork to ensure quality service
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied
- Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Improve hotel convention services' products through; (a) participate in the development of new sales tools, menus, themes, and decorations, (b) participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customer’s needs
- Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product
- Work in liaison with the banquet and banquet kitchen departments to ensure timely deliverance and execution of the event
- Attend and lead pre conference meetings
- Coordinate the pre-con between the client and hotel staff and review the details of the BEO with all parties
- Initiate Billing Procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Work closely with the client and hotel departments throughout the duration of assigned groups/conventions/programs by being available to assist the client and provide information to hotel departments at the appropriate times. This includes communicating between Sales to Front Office Associates as well as Banquet Staff to ensure everything goes smoothly
- Create floor plans for each event to ensure banquets and clients are in agreement prior to set up
- Work in partnership with the banquet/event staff to ensure the highest quality presentation/service is being delivered with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Attend to and respond to guest complaints/comments
- Must have at least 1 year computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel in Windows
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm
High School or better.
Bachelors or better.
1 year: Hotel sales preferably servicing groups
Licenses & Certifications