As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at
Wyndham Hotels of Galveston:
Constructed in 1911, Hotel Galvez & Spa was named after Bernardo de Galvez, the Spanish Colonial governor who first chartered the Texas Gulf Coast and for whom the city of Galveston was named. For more than 100 years, Hotel Galvez & Spa has been pleasing guests from around the world with elegant décor, luxurious service, scenic Gulf Coast event space, and a majestic location across from the water. Old world style and grace embody every detail, with upscale modern amenities to please today's most discerning travelers. In fact, our AAA 4-Diamond property is the only historic beachfront hotel on the Texas Gulf Coast and renowned as one of the finest Galveston hotels on the beach.
Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.
The Harbor House is a modern day translation of a working waterfront warehouse, recreated as a casual, tasteful 42-room inn-style hotel that has been recently updated.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a
Group Sales Manager
to work at our beautiful properties - the
Hotel Galvez & Spa, Tremont House and Harbor House
hotels, all in
. This position is responsible for selling guestrooms and banquet services for the hotels to maximize revenues and profit, while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Consistent solicitation for new business.
• Maintain and grow existing client base through direct outside and inside sales efforts.
• Negotiate guestroom rates, meeting room rental, and hotel services within approved guidelines through the sales contract.
• Conduct comprehensive, professional site visits with potential clients.
• Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
• Meet or exceed revenue goals and sales solicitation call goals.
• Initiate and follow up on leads.
• Use a computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
• Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
• Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.