Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that actively solicits and handles inquiries of groups that exceed 10 guestrooms per night. You will participate in the continuing effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences and nurture lasting relationships with our customers with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of optimum sales objectives.Essential Functions
- With an innovative mind set, identify and enthusiastically create new contacts and develop sales leads through phone solicitation/prospecting, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
- Respond to sales inquiries and contact potential clients to build and nurture lasting business relationships.
- Understand the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and strategically sell against our competition.
- Take initiative to go beyond the ordinary to differentiate us from the competition and create loyalty.
- Understand fully the hotel amenities, venues and options and provide recommendations to create authentic and distinctively different experiences for our group guests.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs and respond promptly.
- Create, execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Produce quotes and written confirmation to all clients
- Maintain timely and accurate recording of activity to include appointments, calls made and business leads
- Flexibility. We are in the business of bringing dreams to life and it requires operational understanding and innovative thinking to result in the flexibility to produce those dreams.
- Experience. Previous experience and enthusiasm selling passionate people, authentic experiences and distinctively different service to others in a team oriented environment.
- People Person. The best part of selling is creating and building lasting relationships with our guests and team members.
- Great communicator. Verbally creating a picture of the amazing experiences we can create for a group requires excellent listening skills, attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and through excellent written communication.
- Good Administrator. Paperwork may not be the most fun part of the job but organization and the ability to create, implement and analyze manual and automated reports coupled with a comprehensive knowledge of technical and managerial applications of PMS, Delphi and appropriate PC applications will keep you organized and ensure you have more time to sell!
A qualified applicant is a proven “closer” and thrives on the challenge of finding new business but understands the operation and the administrative requirements and ensures he/she is fulfilling those needs as an integral part of the team.