Group Sales Manager
Allegretto Vineyard Resort Paso Robles
Location: US - CA - Paso Robles
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, a multi-tasking self starting individual who possess solid knowledge and experience in Group, Banquet and Transient / Leisure sales. Focus primarily on leading the sales efforts in achieving or exceeding personal and property wide annual revenue goals while maintaining the highest level of service and guest satisfaction. Must have excellent written and oral communications skills and be a team player.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other associates or guests.
SKILLS AND Qualifications:
- 2 years Sales Manager in the destination market of a luxury resort, with solid experience in group and banquet sales.
- Sales skills show a proven ability to establish and meet goals for market niches that maximize Resort revenues/profitability. Must be able to translate this productivity to sales staff to achieve goals based results
- Must be technologically current and Networking knowledgeable in web based selling techniques and can transfer this skill to staff to provide for cost effective sales efforts.
- Strong presentation skills to represent the property professionally and successfully.
- General understanding group and leisure sales, promotional and package creation.
- Proven ability to make sound decisions and take analytical approach to problem solving.
- Extensive computer skills in word processing, excel, databases, collateral creation and spreadsheets. Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, time management and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure.
- Articulate, open, and effective written and oral communication skills to present the property professionally and successfully to the marketplace and to our associates.
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-up skills.
- Proven track record of networking and relationship building in the marketplace.
- Resilient, open minded, flexible, able to think and make intelligent, concise decisions; sense of humor.
- Knowledge in computer programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Hotel Planner.
- Emotional maturity and judgment.
- Solid business skills with the ability to anticipate issues and opportunities, and to develop programs/relationships on a sustained basis.
- Ability to commit to moderate to medium travel as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
- Manages relationships with all departments to foster a spirit of cooperation.
- Development of Group, conference, association and incentive market segments to achieve group goals
- Group experience to maximize resort offerings and developing stronger length of stay and mid-week opportunities.
- Maintain a strategic focus that will position the sales efforts in markets in which we will be successfully competitive on a sustained basis.
- Provide feedback to operations by continuing to maximize the guest experience and ensure the service delivery meets and exceeds the sales promise.
- Answer inquires for business within established deadlines while maintaining a daily schedule of soliciting new business.
- Participate in industry events, travel, conducting effective sales trips and representing the property effectively at trade shows, client meetings and business forums.
Benefits : To be discussed