Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
The Sales Manager creates group revenue for the Resort by generating and/or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory.Responsibilities
- Adhere to all of the various written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Meet or exceed weekly, quarterly and annual sales goals, targets and initiatives.
- Develop, actively solicit, and map group business accounts per defined territory.
- Maintain a complete database of accounts in defined territories.
- Identify and qualify potential prospects through participating in telemarketing, tradeshows, sales blitzes and other sales initiatives.
- Maximize outcome of all sales initiatives by following up on leads, following up with clients in-house to identify additional business opportunities and aggressively managing accounts.
- Follow all Group Sales Standards of Operation and policies and procedures (generating and completing all necessary forms, correspondence, etc.).
- Properly convey rate and package information within approved limits to maximize and protect our overall resort revenue yields.
- Perform in a manner that demonstrates the philosophies of The Power of One and Omni Hotels in a professional manner to clients and potential clients at every opportunity.
- Maintain customer relations, GSO relations, trade relations, industry relations and staff relations.
- Promote all Omni Properties and offer information to clients to cross sell the brand, as well and promote other memberships and relationships available for members at participating resorts.
- Work closely with all departments such as Convention Services and Reservation Sales departments to ensure that all details are communicated for to ensure a successful meeting experience.
- Perform other tasks as needed or directed to ensure effective Resort operation.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred
- Two years or more related experience in sales work at a conference hotel.
- Must have experience in "cold call" solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits with clients, setting up fam trips and contract negotiations.
- Participate in development training through OBCR and ongoing with Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the Resort and its amenities.
- Participate in all sales meetings and line-ups.
- Submit SMART Plans & Development Goals, and Market Place Action Plans yearly.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.